Screenprinting is not the same as Lithographic or Digital Printing and relies upon a stencil to produce the print.
When submitting artwork for stencil production, please follow these guidelines to ensure your artwork is suitable otherwise additional charges may apply.
Please ensure all computer generated artwork is supplied as follows:
- All on one unlocked layer.
- Artwork should be vector based – ie Illustrator, Freehand, Corel Draw.
- All text and fonts used should be converted to outlines/paths/strokes.
- All artwork is at 100% – Do not scale.
- Please supply artwork as a .pdf or .eps file.
Avoid the following:
- Artwork created in MS Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, etc. – These are not acceptable graphic file types.
- Bitmap/Raster graphics – Please do not send artwork in a pixel based format, ie. .jpg, .bmp, .tiff, etc as they are not suitable for screen printing. This includes bitmap images which have been placed in a vector file, as we cannot produce spot colour separations from pixel based images – They need to be vector based.
- Please do not include tints of colour or gradients as these require a halftone to print and are not reproduced well with the conventional screen printing method.
Other Points to note:
- We cannot make amendments to text once it has been converted to outlines/paths/strokes – If you require any amendment to be carried out you will need to supply us with the the font files and also original text layout.
- Make sure you only use the colours you want to print – e.g. if your design is 2 colours red and black – Please only use red and black, not different shades of blacks or reds as these will be separated as different spot colours during film production and you will be charged for.
- If artwork is being supplied to fit a specific item/area/object – you will need to obtain the print dimensions from the supplier/printer.
We are more than happy to advise on artwork specifications before we receive files.
If however, files are supplied without taking the above into consideration or consulting us for specs, and we need to amend any part to enable correct printing for the process, there will be a charge.
If in doubt – Please ask.